Cine / Film Equipment Hire
We have the following equipment available for short term rental.
- Super 8 / 8mm film viewers – 12cm screen
- Bolex film viewer – 35cm screen
- Chinon Dual Master – 18cm screen
- Super 8 / 8mm film splicers (splicing tape and leaders available for purchase)
- 35mm Slide projector
- VHS VCR’s
- Analogue to firewire converters
We will credit 25% of the hire fee if you choose to have your films converted to digital files or DVD’s with us. Click here to go to our film conversion page. We offer a free viewing facility at our premises. Customers are welcome to book a time to view film or video cassettes at our premises at no charge, please contact us to set up an appointment.
Cine Projector / viewer Hire
- Super 8 / 8 mm film viewer hire – $15 per day
- Bolex 102MTC Projector / Viewer – $ 20.00 per day
- Chinon Dual Master film viewer – $ 20.00 per day
The Chinon Dual Master film viewer has gates for both regular 8 and super 8mm film. The 175mm screen makes it easier to view than the standard viewers. Supplied with suitable take up reels.
Film Splicer Hire
- Super 8 / 8mm film splicer – $ 10 per day (excludes splicing tapes and leaders which are available for purchase)
Slide Projector Hire
- 35mm Slide Projector hire – $ 15 per day
Video Equipment Hire
We offer a video equipment hire service, you will need a PC / MAC that has a firewire port and video capture software.
- VHS recorder hire – $ 10 per day.
- 14″ Monitor with composite video inputs – $ 10 per day.
- Data Video DAC 200 analogue to firewire converter. – $ 10 per day.
Terms and Conditions
- Prices listed above include GST
- $100 bond payable up front, which will be refunded when the equipment is returned and is fully functional, this excludes lamps which fail electrically due to a blown filament.
- The customer is fully responsible for the safe keeping of the equipment and is liable for full replacement value in the event of total loss or damage. Any repairs required due to accidental damage are the customers responsibility.
- Hire period is calculated as a 24 hour day starting from the time the equipment leaves our premises.
- Customers outside Auckland are liable for courier charges both ways and are responsible for using a signature required service for return to our premises.
- We do not accept responsibility for damage caused to film or video tapes caused by machine failure or any other cause. We do our best to keep the machinery in good working order but cannot accept responsibility for any damage however caused.
- Dirty tapes that cause machine failure or clogged heads will be subject to a call out fee, alternately bring the machine back to us for cleaning / repair.
For a full list of T & C please contact us.
- We stock 8mm film leaders
- Super 8 film leader
- Splicing tape.
- Tape up reels / spools (subject to availability)
Looking for film supplies? Click here to go to our film supplies page.
We can order Kodak Super 8 film on your behalf.